사우디, 신재생에너지에 37억불 투자 VIDEO:Saudi Arabia to generate renewable energy investments worth $3.7bn


Saudi Arabia to generate renewable energy investments worth $3.7bn

By GlobalData Energy 


Saudi Arabia’s Renewable Energy Project Development Office expects to receive bids for round two of the kingdom’s renewable energy programme soon



 

사우디, 신재생에너지 분야에 37억불 투자


    사우디아라비아가 신재생에너지분야에 37억 달러를 투자한다. 


중동건설전문지인 MEED지는 이달 12일 사우디아라비아 재무부가 '국가 재생에너지 개발프로그램(National Renewable Energy Programme)의 2,3회차' 사업에 이같은 규모의 투자가 이뤄질 것이라고 발표했다고 보도했다. 




해당 사업은 Repdo(Renewable Energy Project Development Office)가 총괄한다. 이를 통해 신재생 및 대체에너지 분야의 투자는 건설과 운영관리단계에서 각각 6,800개와 730개의 일자리가 창출될 것으로 보인다.


아울러 2회차 국가 재생에너지 개발 프로그램은 총 6건, 1270㎿ 규모의 PV 태양광 IPP가 계획됐다. 3회차에는 풍력 1건과 PV 태양광 5건, 총 1,580㎿ 규모의 IPP가 예정됐다. 

[기계설비신문 김주영 기자] 


edited by kcontents


Saudi Arabia’s Finance Ministry has said the government expects to generate investments worth SR14bn ($3.7bn) in the second and third rounds of the National Renewable Energy Programme, which is being overseen by the Renewable Energy Project Development Office (Repdo).


Investments in renewable and alternative energy will amount to SR14bn and create 6,800 job opportunities in the construction phase and 730 jobs in the operation and maintenance phase, the ministry said in its 2020 budget statement.


There are six photovoltaic (PV) solar independent power projects (IPP), with a combined total capacity of 1,270MW, under round two of the NREP, while round three comprises one wind and five solar PV projects with a combined total capacity of 1,580MW.


NREP rounds two and three schemes




 




Round two

Repdo prequalified 60 firms to participate in the second NREP tendering round. The 60 prequalified firms include managing partners, technical members and local managing members for category A projects; and managing and technical members for larger category B projects. The full list of prequalified companies can be accessed on the Repdo website here.


While all of the six projects will be procured along broadly similar lines, they have been split into two groups for financing requirements. For category A projects – which include the Medina and Rafha schemes – the IPPs will be financed through “corporate finance procured on the balance sheets of the successful bidders’ consortium members and/or through the raising of limited or non-recourse debt facilities”.


The tender closing date for category A projects is 20 January.


For the four category B schemes, the IPPs will be financed through the raising of limited or non-recourse debt facilities. The tender closing date is 6 January.


Each project will be developed under a build, own and operate model, with the winning bidder for each project to sign a 25-year power-purchase agreement with the kingdom’s offtaker.




The successful bidding group will form a special purpose vehicle to operate each plant and will own 100 per cent of the asset.


Repdo’s second-round advisers are Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) as lead and financial adviser, the UK’s DLA Piper as legal adviser and Germany’s Fichtner as a technical adviser.


Round three

Repdo is also expected to issue tender documents for one wind and five PV solar IPP projects, which make up the third round of NREP, shortly after it receives bids for the round two projects. These schemes have a total combined capacity of 1,580MW.


In January this year, Riyadh ramped up its clean energy targets to 27.3GW by 2024 and 58.7GW by 2030, superseding the previous 9.5GW by 2023 target.


Repdo will oversee the development of 30 per cent of this ambitious target through competitive tendering. The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is expected to appoint developers through direct negotiations for the remaining 70 per cent.


Round one

Following a competitive bidding process, Repdo has already awarded two contracts under the NREP’s first round, which includes the 300MW Sakaka PV solar project and the 400MW Dumat al-Jandal wind power project.


Earlier this month, local utility developer Acwa Power confirmed it has connected the 300MW Sakaka PV solar plant to the national electricity grid.


MEED

This article is sourced from Power Technology sister publication www.meed.com, a leading source of high-value business intelligence and economic analysis about the Middle East and North Africa. To access more MEED content register for the 30-day Free Guest User Programme. 


https://www.power-technology.com/comment/saudi-arabia-to-generate-renewable-energy-investments-worth-3-7bn/




Investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia's renewable energy sector

 kcontents

728x90
그리드형

댓글()